Sunday, September 29, 2013

Weeding

As I’m sitting in my relatively new garden bed , starting to cramp up with stiffness I’m lead to wondering what constitutes a weed. Is it something as simple as something growing where you don’t wish it to grow? I ask this as growing in my garden bed is something that appears to be grass. Seeds that I assume have come in on a free ride on the mulch I used. Now apart from the annoyance this has caused, I‘m forced to actually get my hands dirty again (let’s not mention my aching back).

Growing ever so profusely in my front lawn is not grass but …..weeds (the ones with the pretty little yellow flowers). So, I’m thinking instead of trying to wrestle nature to working within my clearly arbitrary tight expectations, I could just reframe my vision and as long as things grow they can do so where they wish….


Yeah not sure how that will all pan out…

No comments:

Post a Comment