Sunday, May 22, 2016

annoyingly enthusiastic mature age student



So as some of you may know, I started a writing course this year. I am loving it. I only took one subject this semester as I wasn't sure how I would go after a 25 year break from formal study. I should have done more but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I've met some inspiring people in my fellow students and last week during an event titled 'Word Con' I met some inspiring teachers. A range of presentations across variously related fields were given by professionals at the coal face of writing and publishing. If you're looking to find employment upon conclusion of the course, then definitely this kind of event would be appropriate. 

It's renewed my faith in next semester after what I consider a shocking attrition rate from my class this semester. I also got to meet students in other years and basically I do feel that I'm in the right place. Melbourne Polytechnic has an aesthetically attractive campus, is an easily accessible walk/ride from home and I'm feeling good about what's to come. 

So from here I need to figure out my subjects for next semester, pop up and visit the lovely Lucy in admin and continue to be that annoyingly enthusiastic mature age student that I am. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment