Saturday, May 3, 2014

art darts


I'd like to tell you a story....

I felt that I was stalling a few weeks ago. Was it some metaphysical block that I wasn't even aware of? I phoned a friend..we talked and she ran me through a few scenarios..trying to lead me to what she felt was super obvious. It's time I took the next step art-wise and get serious about earning income from my work. She suggested to me that I ask the universe for a very clear sign as to what my next move should be that would help me financially. So I did as she posited and that evening when I went online and typed in 'art awards melbourne' the first item in the search result was 'Kennedy Art Prize'. OMG! If that was not an incredibly clear sign, then I'm a monkey's uncle...

That was a few weeks ago and I'm furiously submitting here, there and everywhere. I call it throwing art darts. It feels like throwing a dart out there into the big bad art world. Who knows what it might hit...

I'm excited, exhausted and at times over-whelmed.
I'm in the process of submitting my work for all sorts of gallery exhibitions and art awards. I'm learning a lot I.T. wise and getting all professional about myself as an artist. I'm not looking to make myself rich but it would be nice to earn more than I spend on materials. 

I'll post any developments here as well as on my Facebook art page. Please support these galleries/institutions as that's how the circle of art/life survives.

I do have a spot in a group show entitled 'Nude' 17th October -8th November 2014 at the Beth Hulme Gallery in Fitzroy North. 
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beth-Hulme-Gallery-Studio/369818639726064?fref=ts

I'll remind you all closer to the time. In the meanwhile, keep up the good work, peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment